Friday, August 24, 2012

building 6, apartment 614, room D


So I’m back to blogging, and yes I am a where that it has been little over a year sense I have made a new post. Forgive me and let’s move on. The reason I have taken my pen up once again, well more like my laptop, is because my life got interesting. At this moment in my life I don't need look for something to write about, because I am living what I am writing about. Its my daily life which makes writing more fun, and I think it will make the posts more interest too.

It’s funny to read back at my old posts and see what I was thinking or what was important to me at that time. The truth is a lot has changed in a year... well I take that back, a lot hasn't changed, I just have. When a person changes then so does their life and my plan is to do a lot of changing and growing in this upcoming year as a freshman. Boom, yep that’s right, read that one more time, this girl has left the nest. All those years of flight training are over, and I took the jump and am flying on my own now. So far the flight has been pretty sunny.

I left home on Saturday the 18 and head up to Northwestern State University. My home for the next four year if all goes as planned, but if I am learning one thing about flying is that the weather changes and so does the flight plan. Anyhow, I moved in on the 18 to building 6, apartment 614, room D. Yep that is my humble abode for this year. I have to say, I like it so far. I put up pictures and posters, and filled it with all my stuff It’s fun to think I have a room to my own that I'm paying for it, but that might change when I actually get the bill. There’s a kitchen and a living room area and three other bedrooms which are filled with three other girls that so far rock. There’s Jessica, Alexis, and Tori ( I hope you all don't mind that I am putting you in here) there the roomies. The girls all know how this college stuff works, because there sophomores. To be honest that fact was a little intimidating at first, but sense then I have learned that there crazy. So it’s all good and they have made my first week fun and a lot easier. I am very thankful for them.

Now for the rest of college, I could go on and on about being a college girl and I have only been at it one week, but I really like it. I love the classes, the sitting with a new person every day at lunch, having my own PO Box, buying my groceries, finding my own directions, go where I please, doing what I want, and being my own independent self. I'm addicted to freedom, but don't get me wrong my parents trained me well. With freedom comes responsibility. No one here telling to do homework or telling me to eat my veggies. I have to pay the bills, if I'm lost I have to find my way there is no calling for help. I have to be smart about where I go and what I do. If I forget something that’s on me, and let’s not forget the going to bed on time. The truth is I did well this fist week and I have confidence that I will make it this Freshmen year without getting to many bruises, but then again maybe not.

Well that’s it for now, and this college girls hungry so I'm out to go get food. Later

No comments: