Monday, May 30, 2011

Am I really a Senior

I know, I know, it has been months since I have last blogged, but you got to cut me some slack these past few months have been the busiest of my Jr year.  It has been one thing after another, and now that school is out and summer has begun I can start blogging again.  And hopefully it won't be three months between postings.
I am pretty bummed that I did not blogged during that time because I had lots to write about, I mean there was work, prom, exams, hanging with friends, drama, problems, sunburns, bike rides, plans, family visits, job hunting, ring ceremony, and a whole lot of other stuff that is super interesting, but to tell you all about it would cause me to end up writing a book. So I will stick to writing about summer and the joy in bring to the little children.
I got out of school on May 28, but my brain checked out about a week before that, which was quite inconvenient because I had exams. So I am blaming the grades on my unreliable brains.  Those last weeks of school were crazy because the seniors were gone and we jrs were now the top dog.  i mean we got our senior rings, senior privileges, and when someone asked you what grade you were in you now said "I 'm a senior".  We even got this big ceremony thing in chapel were we got out of our jr chairs and moved to the senior chairs. Can you believe that senior chairs! Now my life is complete.( I am being sarcastic) Then during that week of exams your pretty much are walking zombie, because it is that week when summer and school overlap.  You study half the time and the other half is spent swimming, friends, and baseball games.  It is when your itching to be done with this year, to be able to put that ugly uniform in the back of your closet and not have to look at it for seventy five days.  When summer is running before saying “come get me, your so close, if only you can catch me" but school is a giant lead ball chained to your foot and its keeping you from your summer.  So you have to unchain it and the only way to do that is by finishing those exams.  But once your free you run like you have never run before and you grab that summer in a head lock and nothing in the world could cause you to let go. Or that was how summer use to be, but this year was a little different.  Because as i was in that sprint to catch summer, i realized that I only have one more year with that stupid ugly uniform and that next year at that time I will be setting out on the adventure of a life time. Not chasing after summer but after my future.
It reminds me of a song were the girl sings when will my life began. Because so many time we tell our self’s that once I graduate my life will really began.  Ever kid in school has this thing in them that is waiting for that graduation day.  It is what were all working towards, but we never really think that someday, that we will actually get there.  But your jr year, you relies, that yes you will get there in fact you see that finish line.  And normally when you would be sprinting towards summer you actually slow down because you realizes that every moment you get in high school should be treasured, because you’re running out of moments.
So summer finally came and I was busy with getting another job for summer, moving to a new house, art classes, summer reading, and a tubing trip with my class.  And I have only been in summer for four days yep this is going to be a busy one.  But not even a busy summer can distract me from the fact that I only have a year, and I am not the only one thinking this.  As I talk to other jrs o wait i meant seniors. I keep hearing the same thing.  It seems like many of use are rethinking a lot of things.  Did i spend these four year how I wanted to, do I want these to be my friends or will they care when we are in college, what do I really want to do with my life, my time is valuable so how should I spend it this summer, and a whole lot of deep and scare thought seem to be going through all our minds.  When I talked to my mother she just smiled and said it was a sign that we were maturing, but that was just another sign to me that we were getting closer to the finish line. It is crazy to think how far we have come, and in a matter of months we will be setting out.

So i guess I better enjoy my last few moments, and grab every day.  Well time to sign off because a bowl of lucky charms are calling my name.

Signing off
Blinking Light Bulb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you tabitha ann.